While we’ve had some clouds around and some rain showers are developing in Southwest Virginia, it’s still been a nice, warm day. We’ll have the same for a while tomorrow before rain moves in again. Welcome to the Tri-Cities Weather Blog forecast for tonight through the weekend!
A cold front has been stirring up some storms in the southern plains today, and all of that is headed our way for tomorrow. We should get some scattered showers and storms for some starting tomorrow afternoon, but for most for Thursday night. Here’s the outlook:
- Tonight-Mostly cloudy, a small chance of evening rain. Low 58.
- Thursday-Cloudy and windy, some showers and storms are possible in the afternoon. Highs near 80.
- Thursday night-Rain and thunderstorms likely. Low 52.
- Friday-Morning clouds and scattered showers, becoming partly cloudy late. Highs near 70.
- Saturday-Mostly sunny. High 72.
- Sunday-Partly cloudy. High 78.
There are some storms in southwest Virginia near the Kentucky border tonight, but that’s about it. As the cold front out west gets closer, we’ll see more clouds and better chances of rain and thunderstorms. It looks like the best chance of thunderstorms will be tomorrow night, right before the front moves through Friday morning.
After that, we’ll cool down a bit, but not too much. Overnight lows into the weekend might get down into the upper 30’s for some, but highs will be in the low 70s on Saturday, with upper 70s likely on Sunday.
Thanks for checking here for the forecast! Have a great Thursday!