Typically in the summer, I’m talking about the same thing over and over and over, the “broken record” forecast. With constant disturbances moving through in the coming days, we’ll have the same thing here in the midst of Spring. Welcome to the Tri-Cities Weather Blog forecast for tonight through the weekend!
It’s NASCAR week for Bristol, and the forecast does not look good at all. I will say that it won’t rain all day any day in the next five, but scattered showers and possible storms will put a big dent in the plans for racing at BMS this week and high school baseball, too, which is in its stretch run toward the playoffs. Here’s the outlook:
- Tonight-Clouds and scattered showers, with patchy fog. Low 57.
- Wednesday-Mostly cloudy, scattered showers and maybe a thunderstorm. High 72.
- Wednesday night-Mostly cloudy with a few rain showers. Low 55.
- Thursday-Partly cloudy and dry early, with rain and storms possible in the afternoon. High 78.
- Friday-Cloudy with scattered showers and storms. High 74.
- Saturday-Mostly cloudy with off-and-on showers and storms. High 75.
- Sunday-Mostly cloudy with scattered showers and storms. Highs near 70.
Cold fronts move through here Friday and Sunday, which of course is not good timing at all for race fans. Those will be the days where rain will have a chance of being more heavy and more frequent. Outside of that, we’ll have days a lot like today. Mostly clouds, with batches of rain here and there.
Sometimes inside those batches of rain we’ll get an embedded thunderstorm, so be aware of that. Last night at the Sullivan South baseball game, we sat out a 25 minute rain delay due to lightning late in the game. If baseball gets played in our area, there is a chance for that as well pretty much with any batch of rain that moves through.
It’s a little early to ask about whether races get in this weekend or not, but I figure the chances are about 6 in 10 that rain will slow things down at least once on Saturday, and 8 in 10 on Sunday. However, there’s a good chance we might get a long cloudy dry spell, too, and it doesn’t get long to get to halfway at Bristol these days. So we’ll see.
I’ll continue to have updates each day this week as the weekend gets here. For those of you interested in the high school baseball games, keep it here as well. It might be interesting getting those games in through the weekend as well, with a big tournament, the Tribe Classic, coming up around the area starting Thursday.