Rain and thunderstorms are often hit and miss this time of year. Sometimes you get rain and it cools you off, sometimes not. Today was mostly a “not” kind of day, but things look quite a bit different for Friday. Welcome to the Tri-Cities Weather Blog forecast for tonight through the weekend!
We have two cold fronts headed our way, neither of which will make anything actually colder, just cooler. One moves through from the northeast on Saturday morning, then we get another one that is slated to move through on Sunday. The second one is what should finally drop our rain chances at least for a day early next week. Here’s the outlook through Monday:
- Tonight-Cloudy skies, some scattered showers. Low 68.
- Friday-Partly to mostly cloudy, showers and thunderstorms likely. High 82.
- Friday night-Rain and thunderstorms are likely. Low 68.
- Saturday-Partly cloudy with afternoon showers and storms developing. High 84.
- Sunday-Mostly sunny, with a few afternoon showers and storms. High 85.
- Monday-Mostly sunny. High 84.
Tomorrow is the red-letter day of the forecast. Different sets of showers and storms may move over the same areas consecutively, which could set up flooding risks. We don’t know exactly where that will happen, so be on the alert all day Friday. Remember to not go through waters that are flooded…you never know if there’s actually a road there, or if the water will sweep your car away and trap you!
Showers are in the forecast with possible thunderstorms until the cold front moves through Sunday. Then we start to dry out come Monday. In fact, it looks like a few days into next week could feature a good supply of sunshine each day, with temperatures getting warmer in the process.
I’ll have more on next week’s forecast in the coming days, and definitely by Sunday. Have a great Friday! 🙂