It’s been another hot day around the Tri-Cities, and that’s going to be the story of tomorrow as well. Two cold fronts feature in our forecast, but neither make things all that much colder. Welcome to the Tri-Cities Weather Blog forecast for tonight through the weekend!
Temperatures will drop a few degrees over the weekend, as we’ll have at least upper 80’s to near 90 Friday, and things stop in the 80’s on Saturday and Sunday. A cold front comes in Sunday, bringing scattered storms with it. Here’s the outlook:
- Tonight-Partly to mostly cloudy, with a couple showers and storms possible after midnight. Lows near 70.
- Friday-Partly to mostly sunny, with a small chance of rain or a thunderstorm through mid-afternoon. Highs near 90.
- Friday night-Becoming mostly clear. Low 64.
- Saturday-Mostly sunny, high 87.
- Sunday-Partly to mostly cloudy, with scattered showers and thunderstorms. High 84.
A weak cold front moves through tonight, bringing with it some more clouds and a few showers and storms. The best chances of rain should be after midnight tonight through noon tomorrow, or shortly thereafter. It won’t be a widespread stormy situation, though.
We’ll get a break tomorrow afternoon, where we should end up warming up to near 90 degrees. Things clear out for tomorrow night and Saturday, with the only chances of a pop-up shower or thunderstorm in the mountains.
What looks right now like the next big chance of showers and thunderstorms is on Sunday as another cold front moves in from the north. Hopefully we’ll get a wider coverage of rain for many of us as we close out the weekend.
Thanks for checking here for the forecast, have a great Friday!
Two cold fronts are coming, but this time of year they’re not exactly cold. Today’s Tri-Cities Weather Blog forecast begins with hot conditions, and showers and thunderstorms develop a couple of times late this week and weekend.
Here we go with the outlook first today:
- Tonight-Mostly clear, low 63.
- Thursday-Sunny and hot, high 94.
- Thursday night-Partly cloudy, a small chance of rain toward morning. Lows near 70.
- Friday-Mostly sunny, a small chance of a shower or thunderstorm. Highs near 90.
- Saturday-Mostly sunny, an afternoon pop-up shower or storm is possible. High 87.
- Sunday-Partly cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms. High 84.
Nothing happens through tomorrow night, except another hot day coming up on Thursday. By Friday morning, the first cold front will move through. Moisture with it is minimal, but there’s still a chance of rain or a thunderstorm Thursday night into Friday. On Saturday, we’ll be between fronts with a normal summer day, just a little cooler. There’s also that pop-up shower or thunderstorm chance.
Then on Sunday, another cold front moves through, this one a little stronger. that one looks like it’ll be likely to bring a good chance of rain and thunderstorms to our area. As always, storms could feature heavy rain, lots of lightning, and maybe some damaging winds. Best rule of thumb is to get indoors if you hear thunder, even if it’s not raining!
That’s it for this forecast. Have a great Thursday!
The heat of summer is about to arrive for our area. It won’t be record breaking heat, but there will be afternoon high temperatures in the 90s for the next couple days before our next chance of rain arrives. Welcome to the Tri-Cities Weather Blog forecast through Friday!
To the outlook we go…
- Tonight-A small chance of rain early, otherwise partly cloudy. Low 64.
- Wednesday-Some morning fog, becoming sunny and hot. High 93.
- Wednesday night-Mostly clear, low 64.
- Thursday-Sunny and hot. High 94.
- Friday-Partly cloudy with some scattered showers and thunderstorms. High 88.
Tonight could have a stray shower or thunderstorm early, but that rain chance ends after dark. Be aware of the chance of fog in spots tomorrow morning, especially early.
High pressure is going to be near us for the next couple days, bringing the heat to our area. Wednesday and Thursday are likely to bring the two hottest days of the year so far to us. And there is little to no chance of rain to help that, either.
A cold front drops in from the north on Friday morning, increasing clouds and rain chances. It won’t rain all day, but it’s a decent chance that wet weather will cool the heat a little bit. Still, the day will be dry enough at times to warm us into the upper 80s.
I’ll have a first look at the weekend with my next blog. Have a great Wednesday!
Rain and thunderstorms have indeed moved through the area today, with quite a bit of thunder and lightning and heavy rainfall. There’s a small chance of that tonight and tomorrow before the summer heat returns. Welcome to the Tri-Cities Weather Blog forecast through Friday!
When it hasn’t been raining, today has been quite muggy. It’s not been pleasant outside, quite honestly. The heat begins to ratchet itself up tomorrow, with the hottest days this season so far ahead of us. Here’s the outlook:
- Tonight-Cloudy with some evening showers and storms. Some morning fog. Low 67.
- Tuesday-Sunny and hot, maybe a pop-up shower or thunderstorm late. Highs near 90.
- Tuesday night-Partly cloudy, a stray rain shower lingering in the evening. Low 64.
- Wednesday-Sunny and hot. High 93.
- Thursday-Sunny and hot. High 94.
- Friday-Partly cloudy with some scattered showers and storms. High 87.
We do have a cold front that will move through tomorrow, which means there are still chances of rain to be had both tonight and on Tuesday for much of the area…just not all at the same time. In fact, Tuesday looks more like a summer pop-up storms day than anything else, with maybe a couple storms lingering into the evening.
High pressure moves over us toward midweek, bringing mostly sunny and hot weather, likely the hottest of the season so far. We’ll have a chance at the mid 90s perhaps on Wednesday, but most likely on Thursday.
Thursday night, we’ll start to see a cold front approaching from the north. That will increase cloud cover and the possibility of showers and storms on Friday, especially in the afternoon. Those will be forced by the front, not as much by the heat of the day. Both will work together, so heavy rain could be possible at times on Friday.
Thanks for checking here for the forecast! Have a great Tuesday!
The weekend is almost here! As we head toward another summer weekend, the weather looks appropriate for the time of year. Welcome to the Tri-Cities Weather Blog forecast through Monday!
There is still some smoke passing through the atmosphere, but it’s not as bad as it was the last couple days. Thankfully, the farther it goes from its source out west, the more it disperses. Eventually it will all move out altogether, but that also depends on the fires being put out…which isn’t anywhere near as easy said than done.
All that said, here’s what our local forecast looks like for the next three days:
- Tonight-Mostly clear, outside some hazy conditions. Low 63.
- Saturday-Sunny, hazy and hot with a small chance of an afternoon thunderstorm. High 92.
- Saturday night-Partly cloudy, low 67.
- Sunday-Mostly sunny, with a couple pop-up showers and storms possible in the afternoon. High 92.
- Monday-Partly cloudy, with scattered showers and storms likely. High 88.
The weekend should feature sunny skies to mid-afternoon, when cumulus clouds will have risen into pulse thunderstorms that normally don’t last very long, but also don’t move much when they form. So some areas may get a good amount of rain, and right down the road there’ll be nothing. Many more nothings than rain is likely on Saturday, with a little better chance of rain Sunday afternoon.
By Monday, a cold front will start approaching from the north. As it gets closer, that will trigger more organized showers and storms. That will also cool us off a bit, depending on the time of the storms, of course.
Thanks for looking here for the forecast today. Have a great weekend!